In this video, Daniel Estrada from Scavado demonstrates the company’s easy to use recruitment search tool software. Scavado is a simple, powerful sourcing tool for proactive recruiters to find prospective candidates online, compile their contact information, and build a comprehensive pipeline of prospects to recruit.
In this video, Mary Jane Braide (Strategist, MJ Braide Corporate Development) and Brenda van Ginkel (Marketing Specialist) underline the importance and the essentials of branding for start-ups.
Cloudera has a simple mission to help developers with big database problems. In this video, Cloudera CEO Mike Olson gives Scobilizer a tour through the major database changes that are hitting lots of startups now.
In this video, Ben Horowitz, co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz, a $300 million venture fund, talks about how to found a technology company. Presented by UC Berkeleys College of Engineering’s Center for Entrepreneurship.
In this slidecast, Tim Stay from PerfectSearch describes the company’s ultra-efficient search appliance software that is tailor-made for Big Data.
PerfectSearch’s patented software enables search up to a billion documents using a single private cloud appliance. Compared to other solutions that can require more than 10 times the number of servers, the PerfectSearch powered by Fujitsu solution is powerful and economical—even compared to open-source solutions, with lower equipment cost and fewer servers that reduce energy, replacement and administrative costs. Companies now have a cost-effective solution to index and search all content is searchable with a single query. The PerfectSearch powered by Fujitsu appliance uses unique technology that uses disk based indexing rather than memory, requiring a fraction of the hardware—realizing up to a 90% reduction in search-related hardware. These innovations built into the solution permit high-speed retrieval, drastically reduced hardware footprints, and extensive customization.
In this video, Robert Scoble talks about the keys to getting funding for your Startup.
The good folks from the StartupHPC-15 Conference have posted the Agenda for their meeting at SC15. The day-long conference takes place Monday, Nov 16 in Austin at the Capital Factory in Downtown Austin, Texas.
Does your Startup have ties to High Performance Computing? Please come, meet like minded people, listen to industry notables, and help StartupHPC continue its efforts to build a support community. Echoing Seymour Cray, the supercomputing world’s iconic inventor who once said ‘Thank heaven for start-up companies or we’d never make any progress,’ StartupHPC advocates a sharp increase in entrepreneurship training and support infrastructure for STEM and HPC practitioners.
- Welcome: Steve Campbell, Partner, OrionX
- The “Get-Funded” Framework: From Idea to Launch: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Entrepreneur Ecosystem: Grooming for Growth: Mellie Price, MD/Fund Director & GP, Capital Factory, and Founder/CEO, Front Gate Tickets
- Incubators: Cultivating Ideas: Blake Yaeger, Managing Director, TechStars
- Founder Stories: BitFusion: Subbu Rama, CEO, BitFusion.io
- Hot Markets, Key Apps, Core Algorithms: Peter ffoulkes, Industry Insight & Advisory, Partner, OrionX
- The “Inside” Scoop: Signs Your Pitch Won’t Stick: Rich Brueckner, President, insideHPC Media
- Go to Market: Vision & Value Proposition: Shahin Khan, Partner, OrionX
- Digital Marketing: Essentials in Engagement: Kim McMahon, CEO, McMahon Consulting
- Founder Stories: Virtual Bridges: Leo Reiter, CTO, Nimbix/former Founder, Virtual Bridges
- Building Your Base: Landing Early Customers: Dale Geldart, Startup Executive/former CEO eXludus Technologies
- Learning from Failure: 3 Companies (interactive): Dan Olds, Principal, Gabriel Consulting Group, and
Contributing Editor, The Register
- CxO Probe: Q&A Panel: Dr. Stephen Perrenod, (Moderator)
(Panel to be announced) Partner, OrionX
- Founder Stories: WhamCloud: Brent Gorda, Intel, and Founder of WhamCloud
As you may recall from SC14, StartupHPC’s inaugural conference featured an all-star roster of speakers and panelists that includes CEOs, CTOs, Founders, senior executives, serial entrepreneurs, attorneys, marketers, journalists, and industry analysts. Sharing first hand experiences and advice will illuminate the requirements for, and the practical paths towards, the successful creation and growth of startups.
As an added bonus, Video clips of last year’s event are available with registration for this year’s conference or by subscription. If you are a student, please contact us for a 60% discount code.
In this video parady, common phrases from entrepreneurs are strung together.
In this video, Brian Andreas from Tumblecloud demonstrates how the company makes collaborative digital storytelling easy.
Tumblecloud. It’s all about collaboration. Designed from the ground up to actually make it easy to work on things together. To make it easy to share and work with each other’s digital stuff. Take all the fragments of content you have, all the fragments I have, and mix it all up and see what happens.
Tumblecloud harkens back to the old Hypercard metaphor and make its extremely for you and your friends to mashup digital media like photos, videos, and documents. I think this is truly an amazing example of what is possible with HTML 5.
Tumblecloud is in public beta, so sign up for an invite today!
In this video, John Zakos, CIO of MyCybertwin describes how the company’s intelligent software agents can interact with people to provide customer service and a host of other roles.
I kicked the tires on MyCybertwin for a while, asking the agent a series of questions designed to trip it up and give me a non-sensical answer. It really did a remarkable job. Try that with your typical customer service rep!